Thursday, May 31, 2012

DIY Etched Mirror

The other day, whilst sorting through an old box of stuff related to the smartest and I (none of which I threw away, of course, because I am an emotional pack rat) I found a mirror shard that the smartest and written "I love you" on the back of (I know. He's such a catch, right?). This got me thinking, and when I discovered an extra mirror in the-drawer-where-all-craft-items-go-to-die, I decided to give it a go.

What you need:
Mirror
X-acto knife
Pattern of some kind



What you do: 
1). Print a pattern and cut it to size/shape
2). Tape pattern in place
3). Using x-acto blade, trace the pattern on the paper (cut through if you can, to make sure you get an outline on the back surface of the mirror)
4). Once all of your outlines are done, remove the paper and retrace the lines and add shading














Ta-dah! Who knew mirrors were shiny on the back only? I had absolutely no idea. Consider me educated- and really glad that I didn't stab myself in the leg with my x-acto... this time.

1 comment:

Kitty From A Law Student's Journey said...

Oh my gosh this looks SOOOO awesome!!!!!I had no idea you could do this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...